Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tommy, can you hear me?


I closed a run of "The Who's TOMMY" last weekend. While I was sad to say goodbye, it was such a joy to be a part of this show! There were a lot of people involved, from the cast and the crew to the band and the production staff, and somehow, everyone was a pleasure to work with. I didn't know much about the show when I was cast (other than a vague sense of who was who in the movie, and a familiarity with "Pinball Wizard" and "See Me, Feel Me") but as soon as I started listening to the music, I was in love. I played Tommy's mother, Mrs Walker, who spends much of the show trying to fix her deaf, mute & blind son. Lots of tears, let me tell you. I got to sing some beautiful songs with some beautiful voices, and it just made it that much clearer to me that I WANT TO DO MUSICAL THEATRE! Who woulda thunk? Anyway, since most of you weren't able to make it to the show, here's some pics (mostly focusing on me, me, me, since I'm the one who's writing this blog, a-hem)... My mother always wanted to see me as a bride (preferably with Alex as my groom, but...)
"It's a boy, Missus Walker, it's a boy..."
"You didn't hear it, you didn't see it, you won't say nothing to no one, ever in your life..."
"How can he be saved from the eternal grave?"
The Acid Queen and her minions:
"That deaf, dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball..."
"When we look at each other, we believe our own eyes..."
"Do you hear or fear, or do I smash the mirror?"
"I'm free!!"
"Come to this house, be one of this families' people..."
Wish you all could have come to my house for this show, 'twas a good one!

No comments: